The Jackson Zoo offers professional development opportunities for all educators.
Interested in learning something new? Need to earn CEU credits? The Zoo has what you need. Check back in September for a listing of our fall and spring workshops.
|We'll look at how animals are adapted to survive. Fromopposbale thumbs to no thumbs, camouflage to bright colors, and everything in between. You'll learn how to bring these great topics straight to your classroom.||
Thursday, March 13, 2014
Who can participate?
- All educators and individuals interested in learning.
When are programs available?
- Year round; please see dates and topics below.
How much are programs?
- Individual workshop dates are $25; includes materials
- Participates should bring writing utensils, notebooks, snack if they want, and a pack lunch.
- Sign up for the Inquiry Exploration series and save! $70
Can I earn Continuing Education Units?
- Yes. Most workshops are 0.5 CEU credits..
- Continuing Education Credits available through Mississippi College. Separate check payment for $10 is to be made out to Mississippi College and brought to workshop.
Where do programs take place?
- All classes take place in the Gertrude C. Ford Education Building. Confirmation materials will be sent once you have registered.
Pre-registration is required for all workshops
After you select the workshop you wish to register for, you will be asked to create an account for the Jackson Zoo webstore. This account will just hold your information to make future purchases easier. Please write down your username and password for future use. No credit card information is stored.
or call (601) 352-2580 ext 278 to register.