Slumber Safaris (Groups)
The Jackson Zoo Comes alive at night! Come see the zoo as you have never seen it before. The night will include an animal presentation, games and activities, a look behind the scenes with a keeper and a camp fire! Wake up the next morning to a continental breakfast and a guided walk around as the keepers "wake up" the zoo. Click here to see the Mississippi Science Framework Supported by these programs.
Have you ever wondered what goes on outside after you are tucked into bed? Explore the zoo at night and discover why some animals prefer the night, and what tools they use to survive until dawn.
You can go on safari right here in your own backyard! Explore some of Mississippi's original residents and find out why we are lucky to have them living here.
Why are some animals losing the fight for survival while others thrive? Discover the answer to this question and more as you explore and learn how zoos, and you, can help.
- Safari Slumbers are available Monday-Friday nights.
- Programs are booked on a first come, first serve basis.
- All programs must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Deposit must be received within 7 days of booking or your date will be released.
- In the event of a cancellation made by your organization less than one week before the scheduled program date, a $50 per program processing fee will be retained by the Jackson Zoo.
- The minimum age for Safari Slumbers is 7.
- The maximum group size (adults and children) is 45.
- There must be at least 1 chaperone for every 10 children.
- Each participant must have a signed release form (provided by the zoo).
- The final count of participants is due 7 days prior to the program.
- $35 per person, with a group minimum of 15 participants or $525.
- A $50 deposit is due within 7 days of booking.
- **BONUS: one free adult for every 10 children after the minimum cost is met.
- Book your Safari Slumber today by calling the Education office at: (601) 352-2580 ext 240.