Make the Zoo Your New Classroom!
Have your students explore the species and habitats of our amazing world with a trip the Jackson Zoo. With over 250 species of animals from across the globe, your students will never forget this fantastic learning experience.
- $3.50 per student
- 1:10 adult to student ratio required. All required adults are FREE.
- Adults over required ratio only $3.50 when registered with group.
Make their trip a Full Experience with an Animal Program
Animal Programs are a great way to have your students meet and interact with our zoo animal ambassadors. These 30-minute, standards-based lessons, bring science to life. Choose your topic from the list below.
- Grades K-2nd - It’s Alive
- Grades K-2nd – It’s Classified
- Grades 3rd-5th – Mississippi’s Wild Web
- Grades 3rd-5th – Survival of the Fittest
- Grades 5th and above – You Belong in a Zoo
- Ideal for High School – Animal Taxonomy
Animal Programs are available Monday to Friday at 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30.
Programs must be registered at least two weeks in advance, and must be paid at least one week in advance.
- $35 per program. Each program can accommodate up to 35 students.
Need more information about Animal Programs? Check out the Animal Program Page.
What something a little extra?
There’s lots to do at the zoo. After you’ve seen the exhibits, and seen animals up-close during an animal program, you can go for a train ride, enjoy the carousel or sit down to a catered lunch.
- Train Ride - $2 per rider
- Carousel - $2 per rider
- Lunch – lunch can be catered through McDonald’s, Chik fil-A, or the zoo. Pricing dependent on ordering (approx. $5 per lunch)
Please note that the train and carousel are very popular, so give yourself plenty of time to ride. No refunds given for unused tickets.